Natural treatments to ward off bowel problems
Bowel problems, when they occur, cause extreme problems in digestion and disrupt daily life drastically. You might not always have the liberty of going to the hospital when such problems occur. Just in case that does happen, you must be able to handle it yourself in such an incident. They may be long term or short; they range from hemorrhoids to inflammation. They are usually caused by consuming bad food, i.e., improper digestion, food poisoning and allergies. The after effects can be filthy if you do not handle it well. What is worse is the pain that follows. Whatever be the case, you must know how to cure it yourself at homes in case of emergencies.
Here is a list of natural remedies for bowel problems:
- Dates: Dates have very useful properties, especially regarding bowel movement issues. They are rich in fiber which can ease bowel movement and reduces constipation. Consume dates often to ease the flow of bowels.
- Aloe Vera: Consume Aloe Vera. They have anthraquinones that act as a laxative and ease flow of bowels. They promote mucus secretion in the intestines, thereby increasing peristaltic movement of food naturally.
- Flaxseeds: They act as a source of fiber and solidify your stool for better passage. One of the many foods you can try to improve the formation of solid stool.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is beneficial for curing number of health-related problems. The electrolyte is soothing and prevents dehydration, which in turn leads to a smooth flow of urine and prevention of constipation.
- Lemon Water: Squeeze half a lemon into one cup of warm water and drink it before you go to bed. They remove toxins and cleanse the stomach of impurities. Also, consuming lemon juice is a better alternative to other gassy drinks.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help you prevent bowel problems even before they happen. Regular exercise is a necessity for proper sleep, digestion and bowel movements.
Exercise gives the body stress which is necessary for proper rest. It also burns fats and calories for building muscles. It ensures that all the food you are consuming is being used efficiently by your body. The body needs to undergo a minimum amount of stress so that it can relax at the end of the day. Desk jobs lack proper exercise and hence have the most number of employees having health issues. Get regular exercise for your body.
- Check your diet: If your bowel problems are recurring and taking medication hasn’t helped you anyway, you need to check your food habits. Something in your diet might have triggered the disorder. Look for gassy, oily foods which have high artificial content. The cause varies from person to person. You might have been consuming the wrong combination of foods. Check the sources of your food content and also be more cautious next time when you are out shopping for groceries. Lack of proper fiber content is an underlying cause of constipation. Hence you should add fibrous food, leafy vegetables like spinach, dates, wheat, etc. Make sure you’re having the right quantity of food at regular intervals of time.
- Yoga: Yoga has a cure for almost every bodily problem you might face in life. There are certain asanas that you should regularly do to relax your body. When compared to exercise, yoga is more about relaxing your body and answers the body’s problems based on its location. Listen to your body, especially when you’re ill. You’ll learn a lot from it than any physician can tell you.
- Home Remedies: Depending on your disorder, you can look up at various home remedies on the internet. They are easy to make, simple and effective. You can have someone make it for you, or you can try it yourself. Make sure you follow the steps accordingly.
- Honey Water: Have a cup of a spoon of honey mixed with warm water. This cure is especially good if you have infections and you can follow this method to remove wastes from your body.
- Water Consumption: The simplest solutions to the most complex problems always work out. Water is very important. It keeps the body away from dehydration, rejuvenates the skin and blood cells. Having a glass of water before a meal will help in digestion of food.
- Coffee: Coffee induces proper movements of wastes. This happens by stimulating the movement of the digestive system. Have regular coffee to balance your diet and help in reducing constipation.
- Probiotic foods: Consume Probiotic. They cure prolonged constipation. You can also take supplements for Probiotic. Probiotic have been proven to cure constipation and ease stomach disorders.
- Avoid Consuming Dairy Products: Some people are lactose intolerant or might have had a bad stomach reflex while consuming a dairy product. In either case, it’s best to avoid dairy products during this complicated phase just to be on the safe side. You will personally realize the difference after some time.
Bowel problems mostly come unannounced. It is imperative to take the necessary precautions to get rid of the bowel dysfunctioning to live a healthy life.